Retail Price from indie-cds.com site A$5.00:
On this recording renowned American artist Bonita Boyd plays the 24 Caprices Op. 1 by Paganini. A flabbergasting account of her talent
- New York Times.
n 1983, Boyd made her critically acclaimed Los Angeles debut, and also made her first solo tours of Europe and the Far East. Following tours of Latin America, she performed with orchestras and as recitalist throughout the world, including the National Gallery Orchestra (Washington, D.C.), National Symphony of the Dominican Republic, California Chamber Orchestra, Chautauqua Symphony, Concerto Soloists of Philadelphia, Denver Chamber Orchestra, Pusan Symphony (Korea), Western Australia Symphony, Queensland Symphony, Polish Radio Orchestra, Vilnius Chamber Orchestra, as well as numerous performances on National Public Radio, PBS television specials, and radio recordings in Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne, Frankfurt, Munich, Oslo, Amsterdam, The Hague, Brussels, Poland, and Lithuania.
Boyd has premiered numerous works, including Samuel Adler's Concerto (1977); Warren Benson's Five Lyrics of Louise Bogan (1978) and Concertino for Flute, Strings, and Percussion; Solo Sonata by Miklos Rozsa; and Eclipse Musings, Augusta Read Thomas (1998).
Her 1980 Alice Tully/Lincoln Center concert was highly praised, especially for her astonishing technical tour de force - Paganini violin Caprices transcribed for solo flute - later captured on this popular recording. Bonnie's recording, Flute Music of Les Six, was honored by Stereo Review in its 1983 Record of the Year awards, and cited by High Fidelity magazine in its "Critics Choice" column. She has also recorded on Spectrum, Vox, Stolat, Gasparo, Philips, Albany, Pantheon, and Fleur de Son. Her most recent recordings include Bernstein's Halil and a new release of the Paganini Caprices.
1. Caprice No. 1 in E Major, Andante
2. Caprice No. 2 in b minor, Moderato
3. Caprice No. 3 in e minor, Sostenuto, Presto
4. Caprice No. 4 in c minor, Maestoso
5. Caprice No. 5 in a minor, Agitato
6. Caprice No. 6 in g minor, Adagio
7. Caprice No. 7 in a minor
8. Caprice No. 8 in E-Flat Major, Maestoso
9. Caprice No. 9 in E Major, Allegretto
10. Caprice No. 10 in g minor, Vivance
11. Caprice No. 11 in C Major, Andante, Presto
12. Caprice No. 12 in A-Flat Major, Allegro
13. Caprice No. 13 in B-Flat Major, Allegro
14. Caprice No. 14 in E- Flat Major, Moderato
15. Caprice No. 15 in e minor, Posato
16. Caprice No. 16 in g minor, Presto
17. Caprice No. 17 in E-Flat Major, Sostenuto, Andante
18. Caprice No. 18 in CMajor, Corrente, Allegro
19. Caprice No. 19 in E-Flat Major, Lento, Allegro assai
20. Caprice No. 20 in D Major, Allegretto
21. Caprice No. 21 in A Major, Amoroso, Presto
22. Caprice No. 22 in F Major, Marcato
23. Caprice No. 23 in E-Flat Major, Posato
24. Caprice No. 24 in a minor, Tema; Quasi Presto
State or country of origin
United States of America
Paganini, Caprices, Bonita Boyd, Fleur de Son Classics, Op.1, flute, classical, music